Everybody needs dives to final so long as potential. In any case, the underwater world is superb, and the extra time we will spend down there, the higher. However, each physique is totally different, and due to that, each individual consumes air at a special price.
Nonetheless, there are some things you are able to do to enhance your air consumption after your Open Water Diver course. Maintain studying for one diver’s ideas.
- Need to make your tank last more? Then dive, dive, dive. The extra you dive, the extra you grow to be snug underwater, and this improves your air consumption.
- Fidgeting underwater will solely make you employ extra air than wanted. Let your self float and drift. Transfer your fins solely when wanted. You’ll last more underwater doing this.
- For those who can’t get your self to chill out underwater, search for a strategic spot the place you'll be able to cease shifting and simply absorb the great thing about the marine habitat surrounding you. As you get enticed by the splendor of the deep sea, you’ll begin feeling extra relaxed, decreasing your air consumption.
- Whenever you’re diving, the worst factor you are able to do is take brief, shallow breaths. Assume yoga and breathe slowly and deeply on each the inhale and exhale. Apply this at residence to get used to this type of deep respiration. Keep in mind what you discovered at scuba faculty: By no means maintain your breath and attempt to decrease your air consumption!
- Studying to be neutrally buoyant is a talent that takes a number of follow, however the repay is large. Within the ultimate state of affairs, you're staying degree on the security cease with about 500 psi (50 bar) in your tank and no air in your BC. In case you are struggling to remain on the desired depth since you’re not correctly weighted — letting air out and in of the BC — you’re clearly not conserving any air. Contemplate enrolling within the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty course.
- A easy strategy to cease air consumption: scale back leaks. Verify your o-rings, inflater hose, and connection factors. Pack a save-a-dive kit in case you discover something defective when you’re out on a dive journey.
- You'll be able to lower resistance whereas swimming by ensuring you keep a horizontal place. This lets you scale back air consumption. The extra vertical you're, the extra air you'll inevitably eat. In case you are having problem staying horizontal, modify the place of your weights, tank and BC.
- Should you’re frightened your dive might be brief, keep in mind to go shallower. You possibly can all the time transfer up a couple of ft to make use of much less air.
- This may appear to be widespread sense, however, whereas diving, take the time to decelerate, chill out and benefit from the expertise. Float, as they are saying, and keep away from darting about.
- Don’t let any of your equipment dangle out of your gear setup. This create drag and can improve air consumption.
This weblog was initially written by Jacki Hutchings and revealed on the Diviac Journal.