This fall, the PADI AWARE Basis™ will launch the brand new Group Grant Program, a cornerstone initiative to speed up participation, schooling and advocacy for ocean safety.
This system will present direct monetary assets to PADI Mission Hubs and community-based non-profits to deal with key ocean threats like local weather change, marine debris, marine habitat loss and marine species protection. For the 2021-2022 grant cycles, the Basis is dedicating 12% of its public funds with a aim to considerably improve funding within the subsequent two to 5 years.
“The Group Grant Program tangibly exemplifies our dedication to the Basis’s new mission to drive native motion for international ocean conservation,” says Danna Moore, International Director of PADI AWARE Basis. “We merely can't attain our collective conservation objectives with out working collaboratively with native communities.” says Moore.
Grants might be awarded to ocean safety initiatives and tasks that immediately advance the PADI Blueprint for Ocean Action, in direct help of the United Nations Decade of Science for Sustainable Development.
Grants for 2022 will concentrate on, however not be restricted to:
- Blue carbon habitat restoration and safety to mitigate carbon emissions
- Marine particles citizen science to advocate for waste administration insurance policies
- Undertake a Dive Website® participation to determine Marine Protected Areas
- Coral reef restoration to mitigate coral habitat declines
- Weak marine species safety campaigns